Webinar: Pathways to Decarbonization
Webinar: Pathways to Decarbonization: How we can get from here to there
Hosted by Marin Conservation League and Environmental Forum of Marin
Speakers: Saul Griffith, Otherlab and Vicken Kasarjian, MCE$15 MCL Members | $15 EFM Members | $25 General Public
Now it’s official: the past six years have been the hottest in human history. The term “decarbonization” is new to most of us, but if we’re going to keep this planet habitable, we all need to learn what it is, how it works, and what we can do to support it. And we need to tackle the biggest issue first by decarbonizing energy — electricity, heat and transport — because it accounts for 73.2% of carbon emissions. Come hear experts explain the concepts, practices, and political challenges of taking carbon out of our energy resources.
What are the issues?
- Transitioning to carbon-free energy is going to require investment — and is likely to deliver significant returns
- Regulations written to serve fossil fuel companies pose legislative obstacles to progress
- The transition has the potential to either worsen or improve current social inequities
- The transition to renewable energy sources will have international political implications: Renewables are disrupting fossil fuels, and if the US does not win that technology game it will no longer be the leading world power.
What are the solutions?
Register to Attend.
- Innovations in renewable energy generation
- Electrification and decentralizing electric generation
- What’s proven, what’s possible, and what’s unlikely
- Clearing the regulatory path for efficient deployment of renewable energy
02-25-2021 4:00 pm
Event End Date:
02-25-2021 5:30 pm